Brian Hildebrant CPA, PC

Serving the Brookings Community for over 25 years


Home Meet the StaffContact

Tax Preparation & Planning


Payroll Services

Brian J. Hildebrant, CPA, P.C.
Certified Public Accountant
Main Office:
417 Eighth Street South
PO Box 438
Brookings, SD 57006
Telephone: 605-697-6404
Fax: 605-697-6959

Non-Filed Tax Returns

Every day the IRS computer systems are becoming more sophisticated. If you have neglected the filing of some of your tax returns, it is likely that you will receive communication from the IRS.

This is not a situation to take lightly. Failing to file your tax returns is a criminal offense. If you do not file, you can be prosecuted and punished with potential jail time, one year for each year not filed. There is no reason to risk potentially losing your freedom for failing to file your tax returns!

We are to able to give you the peace of mind you deserve by helping you get in compliance with the law. If you voluntarily file your delinquent returns you will likely avoid further problems other than having to pay interest and penalties.

If you wait for the IRS to file your returns for you, they are filed in the best interest of the government, usually with little or no deductions to which you are entitled.

Before anything can be done to remove you from this predicament all tax returns must be filed. You must be current. In most cases, you will likely owe taxes, interest, and penalties after the returns are filed. Once we see how much is owed, we'll set a course of action to get you back on track!